If you have a lot of lights in your home, chances are you probably already use LED light bulbs because you know the many benefits that come with having them in your home. But if you haven’t made the switch yet, let me just tell you some of the benefits of using LED light bulbs and lighting devices in your home:
1. Long life span – probably the number one benefit of LED light bulbs is that they last a lot longer then a normal light bulb. They actually don’t burn out like normal light bulbs as they age they just emit a lower output causing a dimmer light but LED light bulbs can last sometimes up to 100,000 hours.
2. Energy efficient – with an estimated energy efficiency of 80%-90%, LED light bulbs use about 80% of the energy is converted to light while 20% is lost and converted to other forms of energy. The numbers are reversed for a normal light bulb.
3. Ecologically friendly – LED lights are free of toxic chemicals and are 100% recyclable. Because they don’t need to be replaced as often, they also save on materials and production.
4. Zero UV emissions
5. Operational in extreme cold and extreme heat
6. Instant lighting
7. Low voltage
8. Long-term cost – while LED lights are more expensive at the start then fluorescent lights, their price continues to drop which provides long-term savings.
9. Color – fluorescent lights are infamous for producing a blue/white color while LEDs range in different colors that can adapt to any environment.
These are more benefits to having LED lights in your home but I think you get the gist. If you haven’t switched over to LED yet I really hope you will consider looking into them as an option in your home. For my investor clients and new build clients, they always choose to have LED light bulbs, light fixtures and inserts used in their residential and retail spaces because they know that while upfront the cost is more, in the long run, these lights will last them ten-times longer then normal lighting and they will be doing more for the environment.
New federal regulations, tax benefits, state rebate programs, and utility incentives make it easier than ever to upgrade to LED technology. Best of all, LEDs are modern and app compatible; you can even control your lights from a phone. Check out some of the amazing LED designs out there today the next time you are ready for new lights in your home, you’ll be doing yourself, your wallet and the environment a huge favor.